50 Things I’m Thankful ForPosted: November 25, 2010
One of my favorite blogs, The Frugal Girl, always does 50 things she’s thankful for on Thanksgiving. Our family never went around the table and said what we were thankful for (kinda hard with 150+!), so I felt challenged to do it. So here is mine, in no particular order. Except for #1.
1. Jesus and His selfless sacrifice
2. That I live in a country where I can worship freely.
3. That I live in a country where I can elect my leaders.
4. Mi familia
5. Mi amigos
7. I am healthy and all of those that I love are too.
8. That I have a job to wake up and do every day.
9. The University of Georgia, my time there, and the Bulldogs. Even when they’re losing.
10. DVR. ‘Nuf said.
11. Gossip Girl, Glee, and the Golden Girls. All of which entertain me and make me laugh.
12. Blogs. Obvi.
13. On that note, abbrevs.
14. Friends that want to do things and go places with me.
15. My hair straightener. Otherwise, my hair would be a crazy mess.
16. That the Reas make an effort to get together twice a year. It would be so easy for us to all go our separate ways.
17. For Cris, Marc, Sarah, Alan, and Janet. All of whom housed me in Atlanta. (Or is it who?)
18. Good books.
19. Twitter and Facebook. For helping me stay connected.
20. Text messages. Which do the same.
21. Seasons. I love the different seasons and think that they are each exactly right in their own way. Although I do tend to complain when it gets too cold.
22. Moon pies and Lala’s dressing.
23. Whole milk and beer. (Not together!)
24. Running. Even though I hate it.
25. My iPod. Which makes me hate running less.
26. Scarves and jewelry. For jazzing up my boring, white t-shirts.
27. My camera for capturing memories.
28. My pillows, which make sleep much more enjoyable.
29. Really, just sleep in general. I’m so thankful that God wanted our bodies to have a period of rest at the end of each day.
30. Music. Few things can put me in a good mood faster.
31. My Minnetoka Moccasins and my Rainbows. Otherwise, I’d have to walk around barefoot.
32. The color red.
33. That my parents still love each other.
34. The sun, particularly when it is rising and setting. That is when it’s at its most beautiful.
35. The beach. Especially with friends.
36. Disney movies. Ones from my childhood, mostly.
37. Gretta, our dog. I’m not sure how much longer she’ll be with us.
38. A fire in the fireplace. Especially when there are stockings on the mantle.
39. God’s grace.
40. Thoughts that are expressed.
41. A hair brush! I love brushing my hair when it’s tangled!
42. My parents for letting me live with them during this transition.
43. My Dale Jarrett NASCAR blanket. It’s the warmest, albeit the ugliest. But it has character.
44. Boots. With colored tights! So fun.
45. Candles that smell good.
46. Friends that make me LAUGH!!!
47. Cupcakes. They are the perfect size. Who doesn’t love miniature things?
48. Hugs. Ones from people I haven’t seen in a long time are the best.
49. My hometown. I loved growing up there.
50. Love! Galatians 5:6b.