A Random ListPosted: November 13, 2011
(This post was written on Friday, but I didn’t have a chance to post it. I guess I could update it, but that seems like too much trouble.)
- I have been in Rhode Island this past week with my internship installing a job. It was awesome and crazy. I took my computer, but I didn’t have internet access, even in our hotel room, so I’ve been a little crazy being away from the computer. Thank goodness for the iPhone! But I’m also annoyed that I lugged my computer all the way to Rhode Island and then barely even turned it on.
- I’m exhausted. It’s been a long week with late hours and early mornings. But it was so good.
- I’m very sad about the entire situation at Penn State. But it reminds me once again of one of my favorite quotes from Edmond Burke: “The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.” How true that is! And what a perfect example this is of that.
- Whitney is thinking of getting a cat and I’m so excited! I love kittens and cats, but I’m especially excited that the responsibility is not mine. I just get to reap the benefits.
- Annie comes back to the U.S. TOMORROW!!!!!! We have missed her. Even with 3 people still in our house, it just seems empty.
- Even though I’ve been away from Georgia all week, I’m hearing rumors of blacking out Auburn. If these are true, I am staunchly apposed. I will never “out” any Georgia football game ever again.
- I signed up for 5 classes of hot yoga last week and I’m so excited to start next Monday. I am so NOT self motivated, especially when it comes to working out and I know that I need a class to attend. I hope that this will be something that I enjoy and will keep doing.
- Today was my last day working at BEE/DES-SYN. I am so sad about it, but it’s a good thing. More to come in a later blog post next week.
- There have been lots of emotions in this list. Sadness, excitement, happiness. It’s good to know that true joy comes from the Lord.
- I know I’m late on this train, but my new favorite song is ‘How He Loves’ by David Crowder Band. I especially love the first verse- “He is jealous for me. Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree. Bending beneath the waves of His wind and mercy.” So good and so true and just absolutely the season of life I am in right now.
- The Compassion bloggers are in Ecuador this week. I have especially loved reading Ann VosKamp’s words from it. My two favorite things she has said are, “Thanksgiving becomes thanksliving when the thanks for His vertical, coming-down grace is expressed as a horizontal, reaching-out grace.” and from her book, “A life contemplating the blessings of Christ becomes a life acting out the love of Christ.” I’ve been mulling over these words all week and have been thinking and praying about how I can make them a reality in my own life. I’m excited to see where it is going to take me!
I think a list of 11 things is appropriate, seeing that it’s 11-11-11, so I’m going to stop there. Cheers to the freakin’ weekend