Lazy Days and MondaysPosted: July 16, 2012
I am one of the few people I know that actually loves Monday.
Why? Because that’s the day of the week that I get to sleep in!
Yes, sometimes a Tuesday-Saturday schedule sucks, but I like to look on the bright side of things. While everyone else is dragging their butts to work, I’m laying in bed, usually still asleep. And because I’m usually on my own on Monday, I get to do whatever it is that I want. Which sometimes is nothing at all. I ended up not really sleeping in today, but redeemed it by reading a good chunk of my book.
My plans for the rest of the day include, but are not limited to:
- Reading more of The Prince of Tides. I’m the last one reading it for Book Club, so I need to hunker down and get ‘er done.
- Painting my toenails yellow and my fingernails lavender.
- Doing a load of laundry. And then I will be semi-caught up until next week. It never ends.
- Working on some wedding crafts. I’m trying to get these knocked out before life gets too crazy.
- Eating lunch of some sort. I’m thinking Chick-fil-A, but shouldn’t spend the money.
- Going to the grocery store. This is one of my least favorite things to do.
- Reading some more. Again, I need to finish my book.
- Catching up on Design Star and Dallas.
- Writing a few blog posts.
Last week, I was highly successful and got most things accomplished. So I’m hopeful for today, too. The good thing about most of these is I can do them in conjunction with each other. I will probably read while I eat lunch, my nails will dry while I do laundry, watch tv and work on my craft projects.
Now if I could just get someone to go to the grocery store for me.