Currently…Posted: October 2, 2014
- Waiting on my hot tea to cool off so I can take a sip. I swear it’s what gets me out of bed sometimes.
- Reading The Language of Flowers. It started to get really good while I was reading last night, so I stayed up a little later than I should have reading. Up next for me is Gone Girl, then The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie.
- Exhausted from staying up too late reading The Language of Flowers.
- Needing to do a load of laundry so Ryan’s gameday shirt will be clean for Saturday.
- Thankful that this is a low-key week after last week. Last week was super busy between work and seeing lots of friends. Good stuff, but my introverted side is relieved this week. I spent all day Monday at home, in my pjs, catching up on TV, reading, and doing a few loads of laundry. It was exactly what I needed.
- Praying for some friends and family that have big stuff coming up the next few weeks.
- Looking at Jolene, who is staring at me, willing me to take her on a walk. Love that girl. She went to daycare yesterday and was so tired last night she could barely pick her head up.
- Wishing our yard wasn’t aerated and seeded and muddy so she could go run around and play like she usually does.
- Searching for fabric for roman shades for our living room. The windows are bare right now and everyone that walks by can see what’s going on.
- Dreading the time change in a few weeks. I’m okay with the cold weather and love fall/winter food, but these shorter days put me in a serious funk.
- Excited about my purchases from the weekend. Rebecca and I went to a few flea markets Sunday afternoon and I bought some doodads for the house. I’m trying VERY hard not to junk it up, but I do like having pretty things around. I’m very happy with my purchases though.
- Cooking! It has been a very long time since I’ve actually cooked dinner, and this week I’ve done it 3 nights in a row! Monday night was turkey meatballs and sauteed squash and zucchini and some Trader Joes’s vegetable stirfry, Tuesday night was BBQ Sloppy Joes and sauteed spinach, and last night I made myself pad thai because Ryan went to his grandmother’s and trivia. All good, easy, and relatively healthy- the triple threat of cooking.
- Watching Nashville, Scandal, The Mindy Project, and 19 Kids and Counting (yes, I watch the Duggars and only feel a little shame), and Real Housewives of New Jersey. Also very excited The Amazing Race is coming back soon and Manzo’d with Children is starting.
- Thinking about this article and wondering how we can incorporate something similar into our lives. I love the idea of gathering people around our table every week, even though we don’t have kids and aren’t starved for community.