Life: Sick Edition

Well, here we are again. Life has been busy and normal. I’ve been off and on sick for the past three days and that has just been annoying. I rarely get sick, so when I do, it’s like I don’t know what to do with myself. You mean I just need to watch TV and sleep? Weird. Oh, and still take care of Jolene because apparently dogs like to use the facilities even if I don’t feel like getting up.

It is currently in the middle of March Madness season at our house. Georgia lost in the first round, but Arizona is still in. On Friday, Ryan took the day off work and invited about 12 people over to come watch basketball all day. I think they had fun. Rebecca and Lady came over to keep me and Jolene company and we stayed upstairs and ate brie and bread while the guys ate hotdogs. I also made BBQ and baked beans, which are never as good as Mama’s.

On Saturday, our church had a Great Day of Service so our Sunday School class did a landscaping project a City of Refuge. It was a lot of fun all working together.

We finished pretty early so I decided that I would keep working in our yard. We have a small area for flowers and it’s pretty bland, so I’ve been trying to make it prettier. I dug up a bunch of monkey grass, bought a flowering quince, put in a few Lenten roses, and hung some ferns. It looks better, but it super green. I need some more color.

I planted this guy by the mailbox. He makes me super happy.

After all the yardwork, our SS class met up at Taco Mac and watched basketball. And Ryan actually joined us and watched Arizona win! He doesn’t like to watch around people, so this was kind of a big deal. After TMac, we went to a local bar/dance club and hung out and danced. It was so much fun! And truthfully, we never do anything like that, so it probably made it that much more fun.

Sunday, we had soccer practice. Yes, I have joined a soccer team. Our first practice, I had to ask what the positions were, so that’s a good place to start. Then Ryan and I spent the rest of the day relaxing on the sofa and hanging out. He took a nap and I watched a few episodes of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. It was super cute and I want to watch the rest. Towards the end of the night, I started feeling bad and well, I ended up at the doctor with a mask on.

It’s hard to take a non-obvious selfie in a doctor’s office.

And that’s where we are.

My birthday’s on Friday, so we will be at Tanaka Friday night. Mama and Daddy are coming up Saturday and are going to help me lay some flagstone in the path in our front yard. Right now it’s just peat gravel which is so hard to walk on and they had some extra from when they redid their yard years ago. I’m so glad they like to come and help us do that kind of stuff. And on Sunday, we are going to brunch with a bunch of friends and family.

So, I need to feel better. And soon.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s